As health care costs continue to soar, the financial
As health care costs continue to soar, the financial structure of health care organizations remains in the forefront of public discussion. Some would argue that finance is exerting too much influence on the structure of health care organizations and services to the detriment of quality of care and patient safety. Others vehemently disagree noting that being financially aware is creating efficient forms of health care services that are beneficial to patients. There are also specific advocates for both for-profit and non-profit structures. In this assignment, you will analyze the role of finance in determining the structure of health care organizations and health care services.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
• Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
• Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
• This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
• You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
Write a paper of 1,000-1,250 words in which you analyze the role of finance in determining the structure of health care organizations and health care services. Include the following in your analysis:
1. A discussion of the internal and external financial structures that influence a health care organization.
2. A discussion of how the Affordable Care Act is affecting health care finance.
3. A discussion of how finance is influencing quality of care and patient safety.
4. A discussion of the ethical concerns surrounding health care finance