The purpose of this assignment is to conduct a community assessment in a form of an interview and physical appraisal of the community.
Part I: Assessmentï»¿
Based on the demographic and community selected in the Topic 3 assignment, perform a physical assessment of the community site using the “Functional Health Patterns Community Assessment Guide,” located in the topic Resources. This document does not need to be filled out, but rather serves as a guide for what to look for in the physical assessment of the community site.
Part II: Interview
Conduct an interview with the appropriate representative selected in Topic 3 regarding that person’s role and experiences within the community. Interviews can take place in person, by phone, or via Zoom.
Develop 5-10 interview questions to gather information about the representative’s role and the health issues faced within the selected community, the role of public health in addressing environmental issues, and the health issues faced within the selected community.
Part III: PowerPoint Presentation
Based on your interview/community assessment, create a PowerPoint presentation of 15-20 slides (slide count does not include title and references slide) describing the chosen community interest.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Summary of how the interview went, including responses to the questions.
- Description of the community and community boundaries including the people and the geographic, geopolitical, financial, educational level; ethnic and phenomenological features of the community, as well as types of social interactions; common goals and interests; and barriers and challenges, including any identified social determinants of health.
- Summary of community assessment, including funding sources and partnerships.
- Based on your findings from the interview/community assessment, discuss any issues that are lacking or can be improved upon for health promotion, modifying your teaching plan as needed to address these findings.
- A conclusion summarizing your key findings and a discussion of your impressions of the general health of the community.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA format ting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Course Resources if you need assistance.