During DNP-960, you will be required to complete
During DNP-960, you will be required to complete your IRB submission. You will need to have facility IRB approval (if your facility has an IRB) prior to submitting to GCU. If your project site does not have an IRB, you will be required to have site approval. GCU IRB submission is a mandatory achievement at this point in the program. If you do not submit to GCU IRB within the prescribed timeframe of the DNP-960 course, you will receive a zero for the Topic 3 assignment and you will not progress to DNP-965. Please utilize all of the IRB submission resources available in DC Network and iMedRIS (iRIS).
- Confirm that your project meets the GCU DPI requirement; that it translates existing knowledge or guidelines into clinical practice to improve patient outcomes.
- Ensure that your clinical questions are feasible with your population and clinical site and in alignment with your method, design, data collection, and data analysis.
- Remove comments and track-changes from your proposal before submission to IRB.
- Accurate grammar, APA style, and scholarly writing is required. Please note that your chairperson is not an editor. You will be responsible for ensuring your compliance with APA.
- Remember that your manuscript will undergo several reviews from your chairperson, content expert, AQRs, department chairperson, and dean that will require multiple iterations. Please be open to feedback and incorporate the feedback into your manuscript to improve quality and rigor.
- In DNP-960 or DNP-965, after you receive GCU IRB approval, you can begin your project implementation. You should never be sitting idle while waiting for IRB approval. Begin writing your templates for Chapters 4 and 5 (without data until implementation with IRB approval). Your negotiated deliverables should include as much progress on these chapters as possible in the form of a working draft.
- In DNP-965, you will need to submit a final completed manuscript in Topic 5 to AQR. If you are unable to complete this submission within the designated timeframe, you will be required to take an extension course to finish your project or manuscript. In Topic 8, you will submit your final committee-approved manuscript for departmental review. You will have the opportunity for one iteration with the department until your manuscript is sent for Dean Review. If your manuscript is not deemed ready to be sent to the dean by the department, you will be required to take an extension course to continue to work with your chairperson. You will need to have a dean-approved manuscript, completed all courses with a passing grade, and 1,000 practice immersion hours to be eligible for graduation.
Complete the following statement in a Word document and submit it to your instructor by the end of Topic 1.
I, (INSERT NAME), verify that I have read, understand, and will comply with all requirements set forth for course completion and progression. I have reviewed the DPI Project requirements and am fully aware of my options if I am not able to successfully complete the required level of milestone development.