For this assignment, you will research and analyze
For this assignment, you will research and analyze an economic dilemma. Select one of the provided international finance topics. Conduct an analysis of your topic based on the economic principles covered throughout the course. Your analysis should be based on a minimum of two to three relevant research articles on your selected topic. Include more than one perspective and/or argument for and against the position you are presenting. All conclusions must be supported by facts and backed up with data, as appropriate.
Based on the research conducted, develop a PowerPoint presentation (12-15 slides) that addresses the following information:
- An explanation of the economic dilemma posed.
- Facts and data of the main economic theories relating to the selected topic.
- A summary of two to three key academic articles on the selected topic.
- An analysis of the leading economic arguments surrounding the topic.
- A conclusion that supports the perspective and/or argument being presented.
- Include explanatory notes and information on the “notes” section to further explain each slide.
International Finance Topics
- Is the US current account deficit a problem?
- How do companies manage foreign exchange risk and does it pay off?
- Foreign exchange trading as a career
- Burgeromics: the big mac index and the law of one price
- Is China a currency manipulator?
- Why do developing countries fear the float?
- Is the IMF still relevant today?
- Should the US return to the gold standard?
- Should the SDR replace the US dollar as the world’s reserve currency?
- Dealing with the problem of international debt
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a checklist rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the asssignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
ECN 450 Full Course Assignment GCU