In 750-1,000 words, research and explain
In 750-1,000 words, research and explain what factors influence the individual and collective identities of members of your selected cultural group. Consider the following examples of important factors to address:
- How do people from the cultural group communicate their identities through their architecture or how they organize their private and public environments?
- What is unique about their art or other mass mediated communications (e.g., magazines, books, films, comics)? You may choose to explain an individual’s work or a message/artifact created by a group or organization.
- How do they establish and manifest roles in relationships?
Give concrete examples to illustrate your selected culture’s value orientations and explain how these value orientations influence the group’s communication behaviors. Include:
- High vs. low-context
- Individualistic vs. collectivistic
- Uncertainty avoidance
- Polychronic vs. monochronic
Identify one or two events in history when this group’s identity or values have been clearly challenged or encroached upon. Describe how these events may have shaped this culture’s perception of the world.
Explain how this culture’s identity is expressed through mass media channels (e.g., radio, newspapers, magazines, websites) that are created or produced by individuals within the culture.
Three to four academic resources are required for this assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment measures the following competency:
C2.3: Compare and contrast how communicative behaviors reflect various cultural norms.