In this assignment, you will finalize and present
In this assignment, you will finalize and present a Law Enforcement Tactical Threat Report based on your threat analysis of Anytown, USA using the data obtained from the simulation as well as outside research.
Your report will include:
Title page, including assignment title, name, date, instructor, and course number
Purpose statement of 250 words, in which you justify your rationale for the threat analysis
Three sections consisting of the following essays (revise each section based on instructor feedback):
1- Threat Inventory and Assessment Essay (Module 4)
2- Target Assessment Essay (Module 5)
3- Target Vulnerability Assessment Essay (Module 7)
4- Conclusion of 250-500 words that reiterates the purpose of your analysis
For complete assignment instructions, refer to “Anytown, USA Law Enforcement Tactical Threat Analysis.”
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
Anytown, USA: Law Enforcement Tactical Threat Analysis
Scenario: Homeland Security has alerted the mayor of Anytown, USA about a possible terrorist attack. As police chief of Anytown, you are to compose your threat analysis for the mayor for counterterrorism purposes. This analysis will deal strictly with possible terrorist attacks on the Anytown community.
In this assignment, you will create and present a law enforcement tactical threat report based on your threat analysis of Anytown, USA using the data obtained from the simulation as well as outside research.
For a review of what a tactical threat analysis determines, review the “Law Enforcement Intelligence” guide, pages 83 and 151-153, located at .intellprogram.msu.edu/Carter_Intelligence_Guide.pdf”>http://www.intellprogram.msu.edu/Carter_Intelligence_Guide.pdf
To complete this analysis, do the following:
1) Gather and catalog data from the simulation for your final analysis. Data should include:
- a) History of Anytown
- b) Hazard assessment of community
- c) Vulnerabilities for both day and night scenarios
2) Focus on these most critical issues. Include the following:
- a) Threat Inventory and Assessment
- i) Background intelligence gathering on terrorists, including:
(1) Modus operandi
(2) Typical targets
(3) Common methods of attack
- b) Target Assessment
- i) Probable targets
(1) Blueprint layout information
(2) Inventory alert areas of targets
- c) Target Vulnerability
- i) Possible hostage situations
- ii) Working with local government and private sector
iii) Media issues
- iv) Possible military and civilian law enforcement response (Provide rationale for your counterterrorism plan)
3) Your report will include:
- a) Title page, including assignment title, name, date, instructor, and course number
- b) Purpose statement of 250 words, in which you justify your rationale for the threat analysis
- c) Three sections consisting of the following essays (directions for which are provided in other module assignments):
- i) Threat Inventory and Assessment Essay (750–1,000 words)
- ii) Target Assessment Essay (750–1,000 words)
iii) Target Vulnerability Essay (750–1,000 words)
- d) Conclusion of 250-500 words that reiterates the purpose of your analysis
4) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
- a) Directly quoted source material may not exceed 10% of paper content.
- b) Use sources other than Wikipedia, as it is not considered an acceptable source for use in academic writing.