Research important elements of your selected
This section should be 500-750 words.
Research important elements of your selected culture’s language that are important to understand in order to understand the culture (syntactics, semantics, phronology, pragmatics).
- Attend a group gathering or event that is prominent in your selected culture.
- Take field notes in which you describe the verbal communication traits of the people you observe in the service (e.g., what does it sound like? What are unusual words, phrases, or idioms used?).
- Write down as many phrases or utterances you can. Explain how the verbal communication traits you wrote about in point 2 differ from the verbal communication traits of your own cultural groups.
- Summarize your experience, incorporating scholarly articles that address the relationship between verbal communication traits and cultural distinctiveness
- How does your experience help you understand the culture differences between the culture you are researching and your own culture?
- Two to three academic resources are required for this assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.