The Individual Success Plan (ISP) assignment
The Individual Success Plan (ISP) assignment in this course requires your collaboration with the course faculty early on to establish a plan for successful completion of mutually identified and agreed upon specific deliverables for your programmatic requirements. Programmatic requirements are: (1) completion of required practice immersion hours, (2) completion of work associated with program competencies, and (3) work associated toward completion of your Direct Practice Improvement Project.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment as it pertains to deliverables due in this course:
- Locate and download Individual Success Plan (ISP) document in the DC Network.
- Review the DNP Program Milestones document in the DC Network and identify which milestones apply to this course. Note: Not all courses have milestones.
Determine what practice experiences you plan to seek in order to address each competency. Include how many hours you plan to set aside to meet your goals. Learners will apply concepts from each of their core courses to reflect upon, critically examine, and improve current practice and are required to integrate scholarly readings to develop case reports that demonstrate increasingly complex and proficient practice.
- Use the Individual Success Plan to develop a personal plan for completing your practice hours and how competencies will be met. Show all of the major milestones and deliverables.
- Within the Individual Success Plan, ensure you identify specific deliverables which can include the following: individualized DNP practice immersion contracts; comprehensive clinical log of hours applied to doctoral level learning outcomes; learner evaluations; mentor evaluations; current and updated CV; scholarly activities; GCU DNP competency self-assessment; reflective journal; course goals and plan for how competencies and practice immersion hours will be met; faculty and mentor approvals of course goals and documented practice immersion hours; and DPI project milestones.
- Identify the specific deliverables you will complete throughout this course from those defined above or others negotiated with your faculty. And you need to turn in a new Individual Success Plan for all courses.
- Identify the remaining deliverables you will complete in the upcoming courses.
- List the challenges you expect to encounter as you continue the practice hour and competency requirements throughout this course? How might you overcome these challenges?
- You can renegotiate these deliverables with your faculty throughout this course and update your Individual Success Plan accordingly.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please Review the rubric prior to the beginning to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Complete the Contact Information table at the beginning of the ISP resource, and type in your signature and the date on which you completed the table.
Read the information in the ISP document including the following:
- Learner expectations
- Derivation of the ISP
- Instructions for completing the ISP
Follow the instructions and complete the ISP.
Portfolio Practice Hours:
Learners will track their practice hours within the Typhon Tracking System throughout each course and via the Practice Hours Completion Statement provided in this assignment.
Complete the following statement in a Word document, submit it to the instructor, and complete the Typhon Tracking System entries appropriate for this course.
Practice Hours Completion Statement DNP-955
I, (INSERT NAME), verify that I have completed (NUMBER OF) practice hours in association with the goals and objectives for this course. I have also tracked said practice hours in the Typhon Student Tracking System for verification purposes and will be sure that all approvals are in place from my faculty and practice mentor.