The mayor of Anytown, USA has been notified
The mayor of Anytown, USA has been notified by Homeland Security Intelligence that the town is a target of an imminent terrorist attack. As the Emergency Manager for the town, the mayor has called on you to assess the town and prepare a response plan that addresses all emergency concerns.
Use the Anytown, USA simulation, in addition to the modules 1-8 readings and outside research on response planning to evaluate the local community and its infrastructure in order to prepare a response plan to the mayor. Choose one of the following scenarios as the basis for your paper:
- The stadium is targeted for an attack during a sold-out professional football game on a weekend.
- The nuclear power plant is targeted for an attack at 4 p.m. on a weekday.
- The downtown area is targeted for an attack at noon on a weekday.
Address the following parts in a 1,000-1,250 word paper:
Part I – Response Plan Research
- What are the infrastructure strengths and weaknesses? How does this data impact your response planning?
- What threats and vulnerabilities in Anytown could exist before and after the possible terrorist attack you selected?
- Assess the town for possible evacuation routes, shelters, medical treatment facilities.
Part 2 – Develop a Response Plan
- Provide rationale for your plan in detail.
- Address human and economic issues.
- Population vulnerabilities.
- Consider the police or military force options available to assist in the plan.
- Explain how your plan will deal with local government and the private sector.
- Explain if your plan will involve the use of media to alert the public.
- Add any other concerns you discovered from the simulation and outside research.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.