This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment
This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
Data breaches are commonplace in businesses. In spite of various kinds of software, tools, and other resources used to secure data, the potential for internal and external threats still exist. However, the degree by which data breaches can affect an organization and its customers depends greatly on the response plan the organization has in place to address potential threats. Neglecting to have a plan or having a plan that is inadequate can affect the brand and reputation of the business as well as negatively influence the confidence and loyalty of the customers. As a result, for this assignment you will work in a group to create a security response plan that helps detect threats to data and identify procedures across the organization that will help minimize or contain potential damage.
For this assignment, create a 1,000-1,250 word Security Response Plan based on either a fictitious company or one that actually exists. The plan should include a framework for the awareness, communication, and actions expected across all levels of an organization. Keep in mind, the plan is intended to be shared formally and proactively, and be made easily accessible during times of crisis.
- Identify potential areas of risk and general goals for addressing each risk identified.
- Describe the procedures for analyzing and addressing potential security breaches across the various parts of the organization (e.g., IT, Accounting, Human Resources, Operations, Legal, Public Relations, etc.).
- Identify appropriate response team members in each department and a specific plan for notification.
- Describe key performance indicators (KPIs) in order to evaluate the effectiveness and quality of the security plan.
- Identify goals for communicating the plan across the organization.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.